Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here, have this Earthquake.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I don't know where you live, but where I live (Los Angeles) I was woken up at about 6:30 this morning to a 4.7 magnitude earthquake. It was big, but not the biggest I've felt. I survived the huge Northridge earthquake in '94. That one was a 6.7 in magnitude and I was living in Encino at the time (14 minutes away from Northridge) Also, I was about 8 years old. So, needless to say, I do not like earthquakes.

Just the day before I was in Mammoth Mountains, enjoying the...sun. (It's been too hot and dry this year in California.) I don't ski but Jim's family does and I've been going with them every March to Mammoth basically to hang out. It's really fun. One year it fell on St. Patrick's Day I believe and last year it was during Easter. In fact, last year, there was a 3.8 earthquake by Mammoth Lakes, the very Friday night Jim and I got there.

I hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day. I hope my SoCal buddies are all alright. In addition to Irish beer, I might pick up an earthquake survival kit today...







No comments: