Jareth the Goblin King (Labyrinth) - Halloween 2017


I can't believe it's taken me this long to dress up as Jareth, the Goblin King from my favorite movie of all time, Labyrinth. It's been a long time coming and I'm actually pretty happy with the result despite the 'pieced together' nature of this costume. That's right, I did zero sewing this Halloween. (Well, only if you don't count sewing the stoplight patch on my husband's Team Zissou hat...) It all started with the replica necklace. I got that back in 2007 at San Diego Comic-Con, an officially limited-edition treasure. Then the rest was found in my closet or purchased. If you're a fan then you'll recognize this as his 'Dance Magic Dance' look. (AKA, the fastest and easiest Jareth look.) Also, someone at our Halloween party told me I have David Bowie-like features to my face which help sell the look. I don't know about that, but I am pretty proud of the makeup job I did. (I tried countoring on a non-Cats look!) I'd love to hear your thoughts on my costume in the comments below. Happy Halloween! Jareth the Goblin King Jareth the Goblin King Jareth the Goblin King Jareth the Goblin King