Self-Care 101


It's so easily forgotten, amidst the ever growing wedding to-do lists and the increasing demand of work, the need to take care of oneself. This is a lesson I have learned over and over again, when without fail I get sick during times of stress and have a nervous aversion to taking a 'mental health day.' Yet as time goes on and as my life is coming to a busy peek (wedding in 11 weeks!) I find myself unable to ignore it any longer, I need to take care of myself.

Even the simple daily things I should be doing (eating healthy, exercising, flossing, etc.) are not always given priority in my increasingly fast paced life. I know that come June things will slow down (in a big way) but till then I can't forget to listen to my body and treat it right.

So, as many before me have, I will turn to my blog as public accountability and help with habit forming. Rather than come up with strict rules and ultimatums, I will check in with you (my dear readers) and let you know how I am. I will no longer look at this blog as another to-do that gets forgotten and only used to post my videos. (which gets forgotten less, tbh) Though look forward to a video on fashion and a video on wedding planning this week! Here are my reminders, not goals:

  • Get back to using my elliptical regularly.
  • Treat my skin with more respect.
  • Read more.
  • Don't forget to eat and also don't eat too much.
  • Meditate (breath deep, push away stress)
  • Generally calm down, you can't do everything you want to and that's okay.

So I hope I will not forget, in the months to come, to take care of myself in the simplest ways, to listen to my body, and to know and believe that I am deserve to treat myself right. If you have any helpful tips or insights for how to remember self-care, leave them in the comments. I look forward to hearing from you and how you practice self-care.









No comments: