Really Big News!


I'm engaged! Ok, so here's how it happened. As you know, I've been on vacation for the last two weeks. I was in Japan! My sister has been living and working there for the last year and Jim and I wanted to visit her before she came home (and take an inexpensive trip to Japan in the process.) So my sister, Amy, was able to save up a lot of her days off to take us around Tokyo, Nikko, Disney Sea, and Tokyo Disneyland. Halfway through the trip however, Jim and I got to travel to Kyoto on our own. While we were there we visited the 1,000 Torii gates at the Fushimi Inari Shrine‎. It was raining and then it was snowing and we were wet and cold and almost gave up, but we didn't. We made it all of the way to the top of Mt. Inari and there in the falling snow all alone, Jim asked me to marry him. It was magical and unexpected and perfect. After a few moments of laughter and tears our private moment was broken by other climbers. We asked a nice couple to take our picture (and they graciously took about 7 for us!) After that we climbed back down, which was much easier elated.  It was an amazing day, one I'll never forget. I love Jim so much. Thank you everyone who have sent us congratulations messages already. Stay tuned, as I'm sure to be writing more about this adventure!

Click here to follow along with our wedding plans.







No comments: