The Day the Earth Stood Still | Science Fiction Double Feature

Today I am premiering my new 12 part series on my YouTube channel, Science Fiction Double Feature. I am reviewing the 11 films mentioned in the song Science Fiction Double Feature from the 1975 musical, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you'd like to watch along, here is a list of all of the films I will be watching, reviewing, and...getting inspired from. (Seriously, I'm not sure what each episode will really contain...it'll be fun adventure!)

Night of the Demon Columbia (1957), released in the United States as Curse of the Demon

Today's episode is the 1951 film, The Day the Earth Stood Still. It was made during the Cold War and captures perfectly the paranoia of the time. When Klaatu's craft lands in Wahington, D.C. the world does not know what to think. Klaatu spends his time 'hidden' in the city (for he appears human) and tries to organize a meeting of all the worlds leaders to warn them of the forseen cost of their quickly advancing weapon technology. It's not an easy task. 


#RockyHorrorBound
In each episode, I will be dressing like a character (or in this case, a random extra from a scene) from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I invite you to guess who I am each week in the YouTube comments. Think you can do better? Tweet me your outfits @MagicCatJenny #RockyHorrorBound
Have you heard of DisneyBound? It's where the hashtag idea came from, check it out!

Thanks for reading!
J.


(Stay updated with MagicCatJenny on Bloglovin)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea for this series. I'm a massive Rocky Horror fan, so I can't wait for the next post!

Jennifer Holmquist said...

I'm so glad you like it! I'll be posting these every Thursday through Halloween! =)