25 Book Challenge - Revisited


At the start of 2012 I challenged myself to read 25 books before the year was over.  I read 10.  I'm not upset, because the challenge did get me to make more time for reading.  That is why I am challenging myself again this year.

Ruby by Francesca La Block
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson
Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbozky

One of the 'rules' I had last year was that graphic novels did not count.  That discouraged me from reading them at all because why should I read comics when I could be reading one of my 25 books?  That's changing this year, graphic novels count.  If that makes it easier to get to 25, that's fine. If I read more than 25, even better.

 I am adding a rule this year.  I want at least 10 of the 25 books (yes, the amount I read last year) to be new to me books.  I will re-read The Hobbit again this year but I want to read some books I've never read before as well.

If you are doing a similar challenge, let me know!  I'd love book suggestions and I hope I can sugest some as well.  My book collection is my biggest, and although it takes up a lot of space (sorry Jim) it is my favorite.

J.