Second Helpings Book Review



With three books down and the end of January near, I am slightly ahead in my 25 book goal.  The third book I read was called 'Second Helpings' and it was by Megan McCafferty.  It is the second book in a series (I'm actually not sure how long it goes) about a smart girl dealing with High School, boys, and her seemingly idiotic peers.  (FYI, I have read the first.)  It's not my normal style when it comes to Young Adult books.  (I'm more of a fantasy/scifi, third person fan and less of a normal fiction/first person fan) however I really enjoyed the story.  In fact, ever since I started reading John Green, I have been reading lots more young adult fiction that has nothing to do with fantasy or scifi, I'm proud of myself.  Anyways, I found out about the series from reading Hayley G Hoover's blog.  Good recommendation.  I have a few other recommendations from some other friends so we'll see if I can snag them from PaperBackSwap.


In other news, my ideas for my new YouTube channel have started to come in.  I have about 4 videos in the works right now and I am planning on posting every Wednesday again.  I'd like to have a contest but not till I get my old number of subscribers back. (322) I'm close, but it may take another month or so. 


I've also started to work on getting my website back up and running.  When I first made it it was going to serve as my costuming commissions website.  I ended up not having the time to actually make costumes for other people so I left it untouched for a while.  I am going to be gradually adding photo galleries of all my old costumes anyways and perhaps when I DO have the time, I'll make some things for other people.  Swing by and take a look at what's there.  I'll be sure to update here as well whenever I add a new gallery.


In a blog comment Cassey asked asked if I am writting reviews on all the books I read (of course!) and if I'm on Goodreads, I am! Here!


Books Read: 3

1 comment:

comicking92 said...

Another excellent post Jenny!! I never understood the appeal in young adult literature (I'm spoiled by the classics), but one of these days I'm going to need to "boldly go where I've never gone before" and pick up one. For now, I'm just gonna stick with my usual brand of reading material, plus comic books. I look forward to your next video, and your next blog post my dear! Stay awesome :)