25 Books



A few years ago I attempted the '50 books in a year' challenge that was going around at the time. I failed but managed at least 25 if I remember correctly. My friend Eden is attempting to read 25 books this year and I am going to join her. I am a slow reader so this is probably the most manageable number with a full time job and many other hobbies. So far I've read one, it's called 'Ruby' and it's written by Francesca Lia Block (one of my all time favorites authors) and Carmen Staton. It was beautiful, poetic, and deliciously full of vivid imagery as all of Block's books tend to be. It was also heart-wrenchingly sad in moments and deals with serous subject matter, primarily child abuse. There was a strong sense of magic and fantasy as well, as all of Blocks amazing stories do. It was a quick read and I highly recommend it. If you are new to Block's works I recommend starting with 'I Was a Teenage Fairy' or 'Violet & Claire' as those were the two books I started with.  If you enjoy those you must read the series 'Dangerous Angels' starting with 'Weetzie Bat'. 


Every time I finish a book I'll post a short review here and if you want to join me, please comment and let me know what your first book of 2012 is!  I'd love recommendations of books that you love so send them my way as well. Wish me luck!

No comments: