Hawaii Haul - Limiting My Souvenirs


In an effort to live more lightly, I was very careful with what I purchased on my honeymoon. I wanted enough things to remind me of the wonderful trip but not too much junk that would only be hard getting rid of the next time we move. So I had one major rule for myself, the item had to be useful. With that in mind, I think the few things I took home were all I needed. Here's my haul!

The first thing is a mango and papaya scented candle in a coconut shell. It's useful, smells amazing, and when it's used up I can use the shell to hold things. The shell necklaces wrapped around it were a free gift at the first cottage we stayed at.
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 5.36.03 PM

The next things are these cute note paper pads. I use note paper often in snail mail and in my planner, and I could not resist the happy ukulele! The flower earrings I bought on our first day and I wore them to the wedding.
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 5.36.33 PM

These next two images are favors from Franz and Tina's wedding, very special Hawaiian traditions, rare salt, and some little journals made from the pages of various books.
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 5.37.31 PM Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 5.37.02 PM

Lastly was the shirts. Jim and I both got one. We could not resist the rooster (they were all over the island)! Overall, it's probably the smallest haul from any vacation I've ever took but I think it's the perfect amount. The real souvenirs are the memories (and photos and video).
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 5.39.31 PM