4 Simple Goals *before 2013!



One of my favorite blogs, A Beautiful Mess, has created this 'tag' for other blogs to do if they so please. (Forgive me, 'tag' is a YouTube term.) So seeing as I have far too many things I want to do all the time, a little guidance and support from other bloggers seems the right thing to do.
Here is their blog post about the project: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/09/4-simple-goals-before-2013.html
And now, without further ado, my 4:




1. Make my first Etsy sale. I realize that if I work hard this will not be the most difficult thing to achieve but I am still apprehensive about it.  As you saw last week I have made my first 'Nerdy Monster' and put him up for sale in my new Etsy store.  I now have 2 Nerdy Monsters for sale there but so far no one has bitten. When the first person does buy from me I will be so happy I can't even tell you.  Once I do complete this goal I will keep selling and keep creating and I will be sure to tell you all about it!
2. Exercise at least once a week. I admit, I don't exercise regularly.  I'm not athletic at all and I hate running.  I'm a computer nerd and a film guru, always stuck behind one screen or another.  My non-screen related hobbies are sewing listening to music...not moving my body a terrible amount.  I get out of the apartment and walk sometimes but honestly not as much as I want to.  I eat healthy but I don't think I'm in shape.  I've lost my endurance. So, I bought a yoga mat and at least once a week (if not more) I will do some sort of exercise.  Yoga, workout tapes, (there's workout routines on YouTube that are just a click away), anything I can do to get moving.
3. Add to my Jellicle Drawing Project.  I used to do a lot of art when I was a teenager.  I would draw at any available time.  When I started college, however, I stopped drawing as much and since graduating I have barely touched my drawing pad.  Back in high school and college I was really into the musical Cats and would draw the characters (and original characters I had created) my goal was to have a drawing done in colored pencils of each character.  I never completed the project and would like to add a few more characters to it before the end of the year.  Who knows if I'm any good anymore but it is a hobby I miss.
4. Organize and simplify. I admit it, I am in danger of becoming a hoarder. I just love stuff and I hate to through things away.  Most of what I 'hoard' are costumes, craft supplies, and papers.  So this goal is nonspecific but I really want to go through my craft stuff and really debate if I'll ever use it.  So to make this goal a bit more focused, lets say I have to get rid of at least one significant thing (a scrap of ribbon does not count), use one thing in a project I never got around to, and organize the rest.

I will be updating you all about this here on my blog and hopefully I will stick to the goal.  It's nice and motivating to do this alongside other bloggers even if they don't know me.

J.

6 comments:

The Management said...

great goals, girl. I think we all need to be a little more organized and definitely exercise more :)

Magical Daydream said...

I also saw that come by on a beautiful mess, I always love making new goals and pushing myself. Good luck with your goals! :)

x

Marielle

KittyAndBuck said...

I'm feeling you on goal #1! Thanks for visiting my blog and good luck with your goals :D
x

Jennifer Holmquist said...

Yup...but easier said than done =P

Jennifer Holmquist said...

Thanks so much!
You too!

Jennifer Holmquist said...

No problem!
Thanks for checking out my blog! =)