DIY: Bracelet Display


I have lots of jewelry, and no real way to organize it all.  I've seen those black velvet jewelry displays for sale at craft stores but I could never justify buying them. Mostly because they just looked too...store like...in my opinion.  Great for product shots, weird for at home organization. However, after searching online, I found a way to make my own for little to no money.  That way, if I end up hating it, it's not a huge loss.

There are various websites that have the same instructions on how to make these and I don't have an exact link but they are relatively easy to make.
All you need is:
1 empty toilet paper roll
1 empty paper towel roll
1 piece of cardboard (mine is cut from a case of beer, heh)
Some fabric to cover it (black works best)
Glue
Tape

First trace around the center side of the paper towel roll with the end of the toilet paper roll. Cut it out and fit the toilet paper roll inside.  Tape it secure. Then tape the other end of the toilet paper roll to the cardboard piece (make sure it's a large enough base, extending as long or close to the width of the paper towel roll.  Then just glue the fabric on.  It does not have to be perfect, I had some trial and error getting mine to cover it all the way.  Once the bracelets are on you can't really see the imperfections.  Again, it's a cheap temporary solution that's not too bad.

Here's what mine looks like without the bracelets on.


When I made this I was not thinking of making a blog post about it so I'm sorry for not having any 'in progress' shots.  If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll try my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading!
 J.

2 comments:

Friso1990 said...

Judging by the bracelets on the table, you might want to make another one. :P

Jennifer Holmquist said...

Hahahahaha! I know!